Information is available to members via the orchestra mailing list with information on rehearsals, subscriptions, music, concerts, publicity, tickets, section leaders etc.
Pieces for Term 3 2019
Beethoven – Fidelio Overture
2222 4220 timp strings
Mahler – Piano Quartet (orch. M. Vinten, no soloists)
2222 4330 timp strings
Bruckner – Symphony No.3 – the “Wagner” (orch. M. Vinten)
2222 4330 timp strings
Rehearsal schedule for Term 3
All rehearsals are at St Andrew’s on The Terrace. Rehearsals are with Michael Vinten except where noted otherwise in the Location column.
Ken Young conducting
|Bruckner 1, 2, 3, 4|
(previous function ends at 7pm –
please do not enter the church before 7pm)
Rachel Hyde conducting
|Beethoven, Bruckner 3, 4|
|6 Aug||Hall||Bruckner 1, 2, 3|
|13 Aug||Church||Bruckner 4, Mahler, Beethoven|
|20 Aug||Church (wind & brass)|
details to be confirmed
|27 Aug||Church (TBC)||Bruckner|
|3 Sep||Church (TBC)||Mahler, Beethoven|
|10 Sept||Church (TBC)||Bruckner|
|17 Sept||Church||TBC as needed|
whole programme in concert order
setup at 1:30 p.m. TBC
for a 2:30 p.m. concert
Notes for players about rehearsals
- Rehearsals are on Tuesday nights, 7:30 to 9:45 pm.
- The venue needs to be set up before rehearsal. A member of the committee will arrive at 7.00pm to open up. We appreciate players turning up early to help set up the seating.
- Please be ready to tune at 7.25pm, so that rehearsal can start at 7.30pm.
- When the Leader stands to tune please be quiet. This signals that they are ready for the orchestra to tune up. Wait for the oboe to give an A. The Leader will tune the orchestra in the order of brass, woodwind, strings. Sections not being tuned should be silent.
- Please only tune quietly so that others can hear their own note. String players, initially tune your A only. When the Leader sits down you may then (and not before) tune your other strings quietly.
- Please keep any relevant conversation to a minimum and then only speak softly; and refrain from talking especially while the conductor is addressing the orchestra or any section.
- There is a break in the middle of the rehearsal for coffee, tea and chat. Please do listen for when you need to be back in place to re-start.
- At the end of rehearsal please help to put the chairs and other furniture back where they were before rehearsal for the next users of the church or hall. This must always be done.
- If you are unable to attend rehearsal please contact your section leader to record your apology.