Information is available to members via the orchestra mailing list with information on rehearsals, subscriptions, music, concerts, publicity, tickets, section leaders etc.
Pieces for Term 2 2019
Mozart —Don Giovanni overture
2222 2200 timp
Beethoven — Triple concerto
1222 2200 timp
Delius — Walk to the Paradise Garden
21(+corA)22 4230 timp harp
Schubert — Unfinished symphony
2222 2230 timp
Rehearsal schedule for Term 2
A rehearsal schedule will be put here once the conductor has finalised it. The first rehearsal is on Tuesday 30 April. The concert is on Sunday 30 June.
Notes for players about rehearsals
- Rehearsals are on Tuesday nights, 7:30 to 9:45 pm.
- The venue needs to be set up before rehearsal. A member of the committee will arrive at 7.00pm to open up. We appreciate players turning up early to help set up the seating.
- Please be ready to tune at 7.25pm, so that rehearsal can start at 7.30pm.
- When the Leader stands to tune please be quiet. This signals that they are ready for the orchestra to tune up. Wait for the oboe to give an A. The Leader will tune the orchestra in the order of brass, woodwind, strings. Sections not being tuned should be silent.
- Please only tune quietly so that others can hear their own note. String players, initially tune your A only. When the Leader sits down you may then (and not before) tune your other strings quietly.
- Please keep any relevant conversation to a minimum and then only speak softly; and refrain from talking especially while the conductor is addressing the orchestra or any section.
- There is a break in the middle of the rehearsal for coffee, tea and chat. Please do listen for when you need to be back in place to re-start.
- At the end of rehearsal please help to put the chairs and other furniture back where they were before rehearsal for the next users of the church or hall. This must always be done.
- If you are unable to attend rehearsal please contact your section leader to record your apology.